September Flower Farm Tour - Saturday 14th September 2024
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Our absolute favourite tour of the year as we get to showcase our 1,000 dahlia plants in all their glory. Join Rachel on the farm here in the South Cotswolds for a guided tour around the fields, discussing all things dahlia; breeding, propagation through taking cuttings, storing, growing and choosing varieties. Hear how we manage our home breeding program including which varieties we choose and how we manage seed production.
Each tour lasts 1.5 hours and will be outside. Please do be aware that the ground can be uneven in places - sensible shoes and a rain mac / sunhat are advised.
Hurry, only 10 items left in stock!
- Our flower farm is not open to the public and bookings must be made in advance.
- Bookings are for two hours. Please do arrive at the start of your time slot, we will be closed if you come earlier or later so won’t be able to let you in.
- Cancellations by you must be made 48 hours in advance for a full refund or alternative date.
- The ground can be uneven and weather unpredictable so please do wear sensible shoes and bring a raincoat if rain is in the forecast. At the other extreme, there is little shade in the cutting garden so do bring a hat and suncream if it is scorching.
- If extreme weather is forecast we may take the decision to postpone your booking. In this event, we will offer you an alternative date or offer a full refund. We will endeavour to notify you the day before if this were to happen.
- Children are welcome, however will not be given any snips or scissors. They should be supervised at all times. We can offer a jam jar for them to fill with small flowers.
- Unfortunately we cannot accommodate dogs on the flower fields – we’ve tried before and it doesn’t work out well.
- There is a toilet available on site.
- We are working towards being fully accessible but at the moment we cannot accommodate people who use wheelchairs or children in buggies.
What to expect
We want you to fill your buckets to brimming with whatever you choose so unlike many cut your owns, we do not have a limit on stem count or variety, or a per stem surplus. However, as a guide a medium bucket will take about 30 stems, a large bucket around 50 stems both of which will provide you with a full bouquet or for the larger bucket, a bouquet and a fat posy.
Please do ring us on 07770 353 190 with any questions you have on booking a Cut Your Own experience or if you would like to purchase it for a friend or relative.